Apple IIc Project (Performa) | Forum

advertisement
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Sep 25
I've got a line on an Apple IIC computer in "meh" condition (complete, but no means for the seller to test), and I'm keen to take on yet more work now that the TI-99/4A is up and running good again.

More info as I have it!

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Sep 25
The 8-Bit Guy talks about his unit HERE for those unfamiliar with the Apple IIC system. It's a very interesting machine in terms of both function and design.
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Oct 5
Quick update, I did get it!

I do not have a power supply with this one (yet) but it's an old Apple, so I expect it'll fire right up once I get the right voltages into it.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Oct 5
The guy I bought it from offered me the monitor too, though the tube itself is busted, likely beyond all repair.

Ultimately I grabbed it more for the stand- it's designed to pair with the IIc and can hold a couple different monitor types- it is a sturdy piece of metal. Funny thing, the seller and I had both joked about how the stand didn't cost $1000 when it was new either. 

I'm on the fence with this one. Ideally, I'm thinking if I can gut the existing electronics out of it, then get some sort of smaller flat screen monitor (from a portable DVD player maybe) that could fit okay- and then the monitor could serve any number of my old machines, not just the IIc. The hull on the monitor is still in good shape, and while it'll never work as an original again, it'll certainly look the part if it's adapted over to something else- just seems far too nice to just throw away.

Finally, excuse the mess- I don't have a "work space" to speak of set up just yet. 

Jasper
Jasper Oct 8
Quote from Maklarr4000 The guy I bought it from offered me the monitor too, though the tube itself is busted, likely beyond all repair.

Ultimately I grabbed it more for the stand- it's designed to pair with the IIc and can hold a couple different monitor types- it is a sturdy piece of metal. Funny thing, the seller and I had both joked about how the stand didn't cost $1000 when it was new either. 

I'm on the fence with this one. Ideally, I'm thinking if I can gut the existing electronics out of it, then get some sort of smaller flat screen monitor (from a portable DVD player maybe) that could fit okay- and then the monitor could serve any number of my old machines, not just the IIc. The hull on the monitor is still in good shape, and while it'll never work as an original again, it'll certainly look the part if it's adapted over to something else- just seems far too nice to just throw away.

Finally, excuse the mess- I don't have a "work space" to speak of set up just yet. 

Smash it lol
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Oct 8

Quote from Jasper
Quote from Maklarr4000 The guy I bought it from offered me the monitor too, though the tube itself is busted, likely beyond all repair.

Smash it lol

But it's so pretty. 

Jasper
Jasper Oct 13
Lol
advertisement