Glass Top CED Player (Performa) | Forum

advertisement
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Sep 14 '19
I'm considering another "Winter Project" for one of my more beat-up machines, a silver SFT100. The case on this got hit or grabbed by something at some point as it was really bent up and actually flared out when I got ahold of it. Worked on it when I first got it, and while it's better, it's not perfect. Player itself works okay with new belts, though the stylus is more worn than I'd like- but passable. Flash forward to today- I saw a gentleman on YouTube who had a computer case assembled almost entirely out of clear plastic- and it dawned on me. How hard might it be to build (or have made) a clear plastic outer case for the back of this player to show off the "guts" of the mechanism? Maybe add some accent lights or something- I don't know, lots of possibilities. Anyone else ever see anything like that or consider it? I haven't ever seen this done with CED players, and I'm trying to think of why I shouldn't do it before I "find out" partway through a build. Any thoughts or insights are welcome!
The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 Sep 14 '19
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 19
Suppose I could follow up this one too: I did it!

Used a piece of plexiglass and a piece of hard capped foam for a "handle" on it. Didn't cover the sides, but it was fine. It was a big hit at the November 2021 WCC show!

advertisement