Sonic The Hedgehog Movie (2019, feat. DISASTER) | Forum

advertisement
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Dec 12 '18
So, they've announced they are making a live-action/CGI crossup of a movie centered on SEGA's iconic mascot Sonic the Hedgehog. Sort of like the Transformers movies, except creepier. We've known for a while that this monstrosity was coming, but the poster dropped this week, and... you know, I'll just let CR1T1KAL tell you all about it.

The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 May 6
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Dec 16 '18

Well, CNET's opinion on the movie seems kinda grim. 

Story is HERE.
Jasper
Jasper Dec 28 '18
Lol I want to see it
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Dec 30 '18

Quote from Jasper Lol I want to see it

Um... 

Why? 

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Jan 12
Oh boy, so more details are now available about this incoming train wreck, and, well...

But wait, it gets stranger!

Looks like Sonic X has some competition for the title of "most over-produced Sonic media series" and with Jim Carrey in it, yeah, it's going to be just as annoying as the OVA from the 90's.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Jan 12
Are we still doing bad movie roulette? I'm calling this one for a spot on the top 5 worst movies of 2019, and it's not even done filming yet.
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Apr 30
The official trailer is out.

Holy Hell.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Apr 30
So, not to be a naysayer, but it does seem that Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is no longer the worst piece of official Sonic media. I guess that's something positive to take away from this cacophony of nightmares. Oh my head, I feel ill.

Here's Jim Sterling's impressions on it:

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 5
So, the fan uproar has been so loud and so angry that Paramount studio itself has ordered the film undergo what essentially boils down to a reshoot. Sonic the Hedgehog, or at least this scary iteration, is getting replaced for something less frightful- as a CGI article, it means a lot of work for the modelers and developers, but not for the human cast who are expected to be largely unaffected by the changes to the computer-generated critter.

Of course, Detective Pikachu and the team behind it are already doing a victory lap about their triumph over Sonic. In this round of Nintendo vs SEGA, Nintendo was definitely the winner!

I mean, I know it's "SEGA does what Nintendon't" but sometimes it's better to just not do it. 

Jasper
Jasper May 5
Rofl
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
The news all seems pretty good now- check it out HERE.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Oh, the Internet is still having a ton of fun with the whole spectacle. Enjoy!

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Oof...

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Even Jim Sterling has taken a crack at this film.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
It just keeps coming.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Yet more!

Actually, this one is really informative. Check this one out for more constructive work on this nightmare, rather than just more people sticking it for being awful. Goodness knows we'll have plenty more of that to look forward to.

The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 May 6
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Okay, imagine you've made a Sonic fan video in 2007. Posted it, moved on with your life. More than a decade later, your video trends on YouTube because of a Sonic movie nightmare. Get this man a lottery ticket!

You can watch that HERE if you so desire.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Seriously, how does that happen. The sheer number of things that had to go right for this to happen is mind bending.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Ah, here we go. Back to the beatings for ol' Sargnarg the Hargeharg.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 May 6
Oh, it just keeps COMING. What a brilliant world we live in.

Pages: 1 2 »
advertisement