Civil War Phantom? | Forum

advertisement
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Aug 18
A curious photo has cropped up online allegedly depicting a shadowy figure standing in an empty area of a "restored" section of the Gettysburg civil war battlefield. Have a look!

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Aug 18
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what everyone is freaking out about. I'd put one of those ubiquitous "red circles" on this, but I've got no idea if what I'm seeing is what everyone else is seeing.
Jasper
Jasper Aug 25
I dont see it.
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Aug 26
Ok, so I went back over to the Discord where this has been hotly debated, and I've learned a few things. First, that there are allegedly more than one shadowy figure in this photo, second, I am apparently the only one who knows how to put a circle on a photo. 

The first group was very insistent that the dark shape in the middle of the circle (indicated with the number 1) is a soldier with his rifle. As it's so far away in the background, I'd argue it could be almost anything, including just another person sitting there, but I'll leave that for you to decide.

The second figure I'm still not seeing, which made the individual I spoke with rather cross that I didn't see it straight away. All the same, he was either unwilling or unable to actually pin down where whatever it is he sees may or may not be, thus the larger square (indicated by the number 2). In his words, the figure is "right up by the fence, at the part of the fence that's right by the edge of the building, and he's staring right at the camera." and that's about it. I've gone over this one several times, zoomed in, and poked around, but I am not seeing whatever it is he was seeing. Perhaps you guys will have a better time spotting it than me.
Jasper
Jasper Sep 3
Fake prolly
advertisement