XFL 2020 | Forum

advertisement
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
Almost forgot, the XFL is kicking off this year too for the first time in ages.

Fingers crossed it goes better than the AAF league did.

The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 Feb 6
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
As pulled from the XFL's Wikipedia page, here's the map of team locations. 

So, who are you guys going to root for?

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
Here are the team logos, for those interested.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
I'm closest to St. Louis, and I know people there are still pissed about the Rams moving away, so that seems a pretty good team to root for. Feel free to fight me in this thread or elsewhere about it. 
Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 6
I'm pumped about the XFL. If you remember on the old ZC forums I actually had a thread talking about the OG XFL. Even though the Alliance ended in complete disaster, it showed that the idea of spring football is a great thing. 

Personally, I'm a Renegades guy, although I have nothing against the Oilers... I mean Roughnecks (Yeah, they stole the Oilers logo). I'll probably buy a Renegades shirt or jersey during the season. 

From what I've heard the people in St. Louis are pretty darn pysched about the Battlehawks. It sounds like they are expecting 30k for the opener at the old dome in St. Louis. 

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 6

Quote from Spiderfan I'm pumped about the XFL. If you remember on the old ZC forums I actually had a thread talking about the OG XFL. Even though the Alliance ended in complete disaster, it showed that the idea of spring football is a great thing. 

Personally, I'm a Renegades guy, although I have nothing against the Oilers... I mean Roughnecks (Yeah, they stole the Oilers logo). I'll probably buy a Renegades shirt or jersey during the season. 

From what I've heard the people in St. Louis are pretty darn pysched about the Battlehawks. It sounds like they are expecting 30k for the opener at the old dome in St. Louis. 

30K for a new league's opening game? Woah, that is awesome!

I think it was you that pointed out that the XFL has already dodged most of the AAF's pitfalls, especially in the financial sector. The WWE could carry it on their back if it wasn't profitable for the first year, but I doubt that'll be the case. Barring some total disaster, it looks like the XFL will fly this time around! :)

The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 Feb 6
Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 6

Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from Spiderfan I'm pumped about the XFL. If you remember on the old ZC forums I actually had a thread talking about the OG XFL. Even though the Alliance ended in complete disaster, it showed that the idea of spring football is a great thing. 

30K for a new league's opening game? Woah, that is awesome!

I think it was you that pointed out that the XFL has already dodged most of the AAF's pitfalls, especially in the financial sector. The WWE could carry it on their back if it wasn't profitable for the first year, but I doubt that'll be the case. Barring some total disaster, it looks like the XFL will fly this time around! 

There are other places that are physched too. Seattle is expecting close to 30k (they are playing where the Seahawks play and selling seats for the lower bowl) and in Houston, the tickets became in such high demand that they actually opened up parts of the upper deck because the lower bowl was close to selling out(The University of Houston Cougars stadium is where the Roughnecks are playing). I saw that the DC Defenders were close to selling out (they play where the DC soccer team plays). All this for the first game of a new league. People are wanting this product. 

Word on the street is that Vince McMahon is putting up half a BILLION dollars into the XFL. I agree that the XFL is looking like it is going to last for a while. 

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 7
That's awesome! Hey, if anyone can make non-NFL football fly, it'll be McMahon!
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 8
Game 1 today is the Sea Dragons vs the Defenders at 2. After that, it's the Wildcats and the Oilers, erm... Roughnecks. 

Who's gonna win gents? 

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 8
I'm thinking the Dragons for game 1, and the Wildcats for game 2. I know only a smattering of info about both, so this should be a good time.

For those interested, the complete XFL schedule is HERE.

Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 8
I was busy earlier today, so I didn't catch the Dragons-Defenders game. I did catch the Wildcats-Oiler.. Roughnecks game and it was fun to watch. Looking forward to tomorrow! 
Jasper
Jasper Feb 8
Roughnecks kicked wildcat ass lol
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 9
Today's games! Lets see how these go.

Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 9

Quote from Jasper Roughnecks kicked wildcat ass lol

Which team(s) are you going for? 

Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 9
So much for the Renegades being 10 point favorites. Seriously, Mak what is it with your teams ALWAYS beating my teams? NFL, NHL, XFL. Congrats, my friend. 
Maklarr4000
Maklarr4000 Feb 9

Quote from Spiderfan So much for the Renegades being 10 point favorites. Seriously, Mak what is it with your teams ALWAYS beating my teams? NFL, NHL, XFL. Congrats, my friend. 

I honestly don't know. I mean, the Pack makes sense as they've been pretty consistent for decades. As for the St. Louis teams, I don't know. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive, ominous monolith looming over the city or anything like that though. 

Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 10

Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from Spiderfan So much for the Renegades being 10 point favorites. Seriously, Mak what is it with your teams ALWAYS beating my teams? NFL, NHL, XFL. Congrats, my friend. 

I honestly don't know. I mean, the Pack makes sense as they've been pretty consistent for decades. As for the St. Louis teams, I don't know. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive, ominous monolith looming over the city or anything like that though. 

I think you are on to something. 
Jasper
Jasper Feb 10
Quote from Maklarr4000

Which team(s) are you going for? 

Texas teams all tge way!!!
Spiderfan
Spiderfan Feb 10

Quote from Jasper
Quote from Maklarr4000