Industrial Spambots | Forum

advertisement
FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 4

The spam is the same, but the title, oh that title.

I will treasure my Madden game, good robot sir. 

The Forum post is edited by FortFantasy Sep 4
FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 4

The sudden amount of bugs!?!

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 4
Okay, this one is really strange. The bot has clearly grabbed an article from some tech blog, and it's inserted some adwords-styled links to some cloud computing firm, but it's just... weird. It put up a header and everything.

This is the one that crashed the server too. Go figure. 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 7

So, the enamel wire guys are back, and it's weird- it's a nice little write-up about the Chinese wire industry at large, it's even mostly coherent. Bizarre!
FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 10

So, Neverwinter Nights is a 2002 RPG game built by BioWare of all people, and I had no idea that it was still even a thing.

Which, upon further inspection, it's not. The Original version of the game which the bot is referencing has been offline since 2009. It's successor, Neverwinter Nights 2 is still going, but that doesn't seem to be what the bot is going for. So, is this some attempt to use the Fortress as some sort of SEO backlink to the site the bot linked? Strange.
FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 10

The composition of a Paddy Husker? What? I wasn't sure what the bot was on about, so I looked up what  Paddy Husker is, and, well...

...it's this thing. Evidently it husks rice and millet, but why a bot is trying to sell (I presume sell- lease maybe?) a machine like this to a forum dedicated mostly to virtual armored fighting vehicles is beyond me. Are the site's tags really that messed up? 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 11
Many serious questions face mankind. Among them, and arguably the most serious and pressing (especially here at FortFantasy) is...

Yes, how does Ozone affect the grain quality in rice... grader? Yes, surely this is the question burning on everyone's mind! Thank the heavens that Lianggong is here with an answer (and a handy photo) to help us answer this vital question!

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 14
Anyone need a job? 

Sounds like a lotta work to me. 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 14
The spambots know what you need in your life. You need a rice polisher!

Wait, what? 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 18
Have you ever wondered how to install and operate a rice huller?

No?

Apparently, this is what it looks like.

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 18
Need to hire freelancers for industrial applications?

No?

It's like the robots don't realize we're not an industrial center...

Also, who in the world uses a teletypewriter. Teletype machines fell out of favor more than 50 years ago, I don't even know where you'd be able to find such a thing anymore. These are relics from the WW2 era...

...what year does China think it is? 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 24

Our good friends in China have some pro tips for anyone here using a Rice Whitener machine. Pay attention, there may be a quiz! 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 24
Does anyone need to improve the milling quality of their Paddy Husker? If so, our friends from China have the answers you seek! 

This one even has a picture of the machine. Curiously, it has the vents cut in the bottom in the shape of Latin characters for the company in question, not the Chinese characters, which strikes me as odd. This isn't the sort of machine you're going to be exporting anywhere that doesn't grow rice commercially, which writes off a good portion of North America and virtually all of Europe, so... I guess I'm wondering why add design elements for regions/markets where those languages may not even be present? Interesting...

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 29
Do YOU know anything about Commercial Milling? The Industrial spambots do, and they've got a lesson to teach you!

Admittedly, I now have a loose understanding of how to commercially process rice. How that helps me when I live in a place where it snows 7-8 months out of the year, I do not know. Hopefully this info serves you better than me. 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 29
Hey, they have another one up about the rice destoner machine.

This one even has a picture of the machine, so you know what to buy when you open up your rice milling factory. 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 29
We are now crossing the boundaries, going over the bleeding edge of rice processing technology- BEHOLD.

An experimental Paddy Husker system, complete with cutting edge technique- imagine the otherworldly consequences if this top-secret information found it's way into the wrong hands? 

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Sep 29
If you ever need an introduction on how to operate your rice huller machine(s), here you go:

FortFantasy
FortFantasy Oct 10
If you have ever wanted to "tour" a rice mill, then you have a golden opportunity here! 

Jasper
Jasper Oct 15
Its back again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5
advertisement